Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Health - a Post-Script

Well, it turns out that the abomination on my fingertip was not merely eczema, it was INFECTED eczema. This is actually good news, because it means that with anti-biotics it will get better.

This inspires me to give you a run-down of all the health issues I have enjoyed since arriving here fourteen and a half weeks ago!

1. Bronchial chest infection
2. Urinary Tract Infection
3. Eye infection
4. Chronic allergic reactions - hayfever and eczema
5. Secondary skin infection.

But my story has another happy result - I actually returned to the good old Village Mission Pharmacy and Clinic, as I heard they had a replacement doctor. The new bloke has been in Tonga for a good while now, so I doubt much will phase him. This is good, because he seems sensible, and like he's in it for the long haul. Having a decent doctor is half the battle here!

So three cheers for the health issues looking a bit more promising now!

No comments: