Saturday, October 22, 2011

Moving

I realised today that I actually really like roller derby. I enjoy watching it, I enjoy training for it and playing it. Moving to Perth might have been a convenient time to give it up, especially after I didn't really gel with the first group of skaters I trained with. But due to my rather spontaneous decision to buy myself a car in my second week here I can now training with the amazing ladies of Perth Roller Derby!

I felt immediately welcomed by the group of skaters (especially since we'd already gone for beers my first weekend here!), and appreciate their ethos of 'sport over spectacle.' I feel like this is a League I'd be proud to join. Have only trained with them twice so far, but I've got a good feeling about it!

In other news, there seems to be a lot of moving happening in my life right now. In 3 weeks my housemates are moving into their new home - their very OWN home - and I will in all likelihood be moving with them. The week following that I'll be moving offices. Might not seem like such a big deal, but jesus CHRIST there is a buttload of paperwork in my office! I have been ignoring it on the grounds that it's not MY paperwork per se, but it seems I'll have to sort through it prior to the move. Dammit. If there's one thing I hate more than my own paperwork, it's the paperwork that falls to me by default!

2 comments:

Bella said...

PRD are a great league - glad you're enjoying it x

Isa said...

Yes they sure are Bella! :-D It's worth the 80 minutes I spend in the car to get to and from training :-/ Though I still miss my CRDL ladies :-(