Thursday, May 24, 2012

My horoscope

This is my horoscope for the week from my favourite astrologer, Rob Breszny:

CANCER:
Don't pretend you can't see the darkness. 
Admit to its presence. Accept its reality. And then, dear Cancerian, walk 
nonchalantly away from it, refusing to fight it or be afraid of it. In other 
words, face up to the difficulty without becoming all tangled up in it. Gaze 
into the abyss so as to educate yourself about its nature, but don't get 
stuck there or become entranced by its supposedly hypnotic power. I 
think you'll be amazed at how much safety and security you can generate 
for yourself simply by being an objective, poised observer free of 
melodramatic reactions.
 
My Dad is dying. Yesterday was a good day, today not so good. He was asleep for most of it, but to escape the pain. Yesterday he was engaged and content, sitting in the sunshine with the various family who have trooped over here to share his last weeks and days. I am one of them. This time feels so fleeting and precious.  My father is at the centre of such a tight-knot group of people, and I feel priviledged to be a part of it.


A good life is important, but so is a good death.
 

1 comment:

Melbourne on my Mind said...

I'm so sorry, Isa. It may sound trite, but it must be some comfort that you're able to be there with him.

Sending much love your way.
K xx