Friday, November 28, 2008

The Soy-Milk Epiphany



Last night I had a most vivid dream.

In the dream, Clinton (my partner) asked me to come home, and on a whim I said “sure!”. But as soon as I arrived back in Sydney, I realised how badly I wanted to go back to Tonga. It felt like I’d lost something irretrievable.

I spent the rest of the dream in tears, alternately explaining to Clinton how much I just wanted to get back, and trying to contact my ICM to convince him to let me return.

This dream is a nice realisation for me. Something began on Monday morning, when I came across a previously undiscovered supply of soy-milk, and it has culminated in that dream. I know now for sure that I really don’t want to go home. I also feel like I have begun to emerge from my rough patch.

It’s funny, but when I was standing in front of those 8 UHT cartons of soymilk I really had the sense that perhaps I had reached a turning point! Amusing as a Soymilk Epiphany might seem, it’s been borne out over the last few days, with some new connections with other AYADs being made, my latest skin infection clearing up, and my flatmate and I signing a lease on a new place this morning.


It feels good.

No comments: